Triund Trek is a 9 kilometers easy trek for the beginners and starts from McLeodganj. The first 7 kilometers of the trek is a gradual incline, however the last 2 kilometers after crossing the Snowline Café involve a steep climb all the way till Triund (2,975 metres). Triund is situated in the Dhauladhar Himalayas and is very famous among the foreign tourists.
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Triund (2875m/ 9 km) : Arrive Mcleodganj before 9:00 AM and get fresh at our Base Camp. After Briefing, we will start the trek from McLeod Ganj via Dharamkot Village, which is a small semi-nomadic village inhabited by Gaddi Shepherds. The trail goes through a mixed wood of Himalayan Cedar, Rhododendron and Oak trees. Triund is situated on a ridge from where one can see breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar Mountain Range to the north and of the Kangra Valley to the south. We will pitch our tents at Triund for the overnight stay.
Day 2: Triund to Mcleod Ganj: The finest stretch during this trekking in the mountains would be the return journey back to Dharamsala. We would pass through the Bhagsu Nag Temple. McLeod Ganj is 2 kilometers from here.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. Packed Lunch, Evening Tea & Snacks and Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 2
- Common rest room facilities at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Expert Guides
- Porters are to carry only the tents and the equipments required for camping at Triund
- Camp accommodation on Twin/Triple/Multiple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags. Couples and Corporate groups with Superior Package will be given preference for Twin/Triple sharing tents.
- Common Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
|BREAKFAST||Standard Breakfast||Superior Breakfast|
|LUNCH||Standard Packed Lunch||Superior Packed Lunch|
|DINNER||Standard Hot Dinner||Superior Hot Dinner|
|CAMPING||Multi Sharing||Twin/Triple Sharing|
|TOILET TENT||Common Dry Pit||Common Dry Pit|
- Transport of any kind.
- No extra meal other than mentioned in plan.
- Hot Water Bath facility in Private Bathroom at an extra price of Rs. 100 per person at Base Camp.
- Expenses arising out of any unforeseen circumstances like rain.
- land slides and situations beyond our control.
- Expenses during transport.
- Cost incurred due to on-site customization/alteration.
- Travel& Medical Insurance.
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Comfortable trekking pants, T-Shirts and Jackets – Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woolen plus, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs. Muffler is optional.
- Good Quality Trekking shoes with thick rubber soles.
- Raincoat or Rain Poncho.
- Sun Cap, Sunglasses, Lightweight Towel and Water Bottle,
- Lip Balm, Sun block, Mosquito repellent.
- Light Torch with extra batteries.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Papers
- Wet-Tissue Papers