Triund Trek is a 9 kilometers easy trek for the beginners and starts from McLeodganj. The first 7 kilometers of the trek is a gradual incline, however the last 2 kilometers after crossing the Snowline Café involve a steep climb all the way till Triund (2,975 metres). Triund is situated in the Dhauladhar Himalayas and is very famous among the foreign tourists.
Day 1: ARRIVE MCLEODGANJ:
Arrive at our base camp at Mcleodganj any time during day. Get settled in the camp and relax for a while before you go for a sightseeing to Bhagsu Temple, Water Fall, Tibetan Monestary, Sun-set point at Naddi Village and Local Market after evening. Relax at the camp site around Bon-fire and music in the evening and have dinner afterwards. Overnight Stay will be in the tents at our Mcleodganj Base Camp.
DAY 2: MCLEODGANJ – TRIUND (2875 METRES/ 5 HOURS :
Arrive Mcleodganj before 9:00 AM and get fresh at our Base Camp. After Briefing, we will start the trek from McLeod Ganj via Dharamkot Village, which is a small semi-nomadic village inhabited by Gaddi Shepherds. The trail goes through a mixed wood of Himalayan Cedar, Rhododendron and Oak trees. Triund is situated on a ridge from where one can see breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar Mountain Range to the north and of the Kangra Valley to the south. We will pitch our tents at Triund for the overnight stay.
DAY 3: TRIUND – SNOWLINE – TRIUND
After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach snowline and Laka Got – a temporary shepherd camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of a small glacier, which is full of snow and ice in early summer and the snow melts away during the monsoon. Nightstay will be either at Laka Got or Snowline or at Triund depending upon the weather conditions.
DAY 4: SNOWLINE – MCLEODGANJ:
The finest stretch during this trekking in the mountains would be the return journey back to Dharamsala. Descending will not as difficult as you might have felt during ascending. You will pass through the same route and can enjoy more while taking your halts and certain points for a short break or photography sessions. You will reach back to Mcleodganj by the noon and will be free to visit the Bhagsu Waterfall or any other place that you didn’t visit on Day 1.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. Packed Snack Lunch (1 Veg Sandwich, 1 Fruit Juice, 1 Fresh Fruit, 1 Chocolate, 1 Biscuits Pack), Evening Tea & Veg. Pakoda , Dinner (2 Veg. Dish, 1 Non Veg. Dish, Rice, Roti, Salad) and Breakfast (Poori-Bhaji).
- Common rest room facilities at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Expert Guides
- Camp accommodation on sharing basis.
- Common Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Transport of any kind.
- No extra meal other than mentioned in plan.
- Hot Water Bath facility in Private Bathroom at an extra price of Rs. 100 per person at Base Camp.
- Expenses arising out of any unforeseen circumstances like rain.
- land slides and situations beyond our control.
- Expenses during transport.
- Cost incurred due to on-site customization/alteration.
- Travel& Medical Insurance.
WHY TO CHOOSE US?
TRIUND Package is generally sold by two type of operators. One by the Local Tea Shops and second by qualified professional operators. There is always a big difference in the quality of equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mats etc.), quality of food, level of professionalism and level of hospitality. So the price also varies accordingly. We are the only operator who provide you the best quality at lowest possible price. Our professionalism, hospitality and quality is higher, but we manage to sell our packages at a price lower than the price sold by other professional operators. Some of the key points which makes us different than the others:
- Better quality of food and equipment at lowest possible price.
- Higher level of professionalism and hospitality at no extra cost.
- Our Experienced and Qualified Team Leaders and supporting staff ensure your safety and the best experience.
- Free Parking for your vehicles at our base camp.
- Free Luggage room to leave your extra stuff at our base camp.
- Free Rest-room to get fresh on Day 1 before starting the trek at base camp. So If you plan to do night travel and want to start the trek in the morning, you don’t need to book a hotel to freshen-up.
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Comfortable trekking pants, T-Shirts and Jackets – Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woolen plus, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs. Muffler is optional.
- Good Quality Trekking shoes with thick rubber soles.
- Raincoat or Rain Poncho.
- Sun Cap, Sunglasses, Lightweight Towel and Water Bottle,
- Lip Balm, Sun block, Mosquito repellent.
- Light Torch with extra batteries.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Papers
- Wet-Tissue Papers
MCLEODGANJ CAMP PHOTOS: