The Trek covers some of the famous points like Kheerganga and Tunda Bhuj and encompasses everything- walking through rivers, waterfalls, holding on to dear life on narrow walkways, apple orchards – you name it. If you’re a regular hiker then this one is a dream to do. One of the most beautiful treks, so picturesque that you feel an impulse to reach for your camera or pinch yourself hard to make sure it’s real.
The amazing landscapes, waterfalls and the alpine meadows are bound to make you stop and feel it and soak it in!
Day 1: ARRIVE KASOL
Arrive Kasol till the evening and check-in at our Kasol campsite. You may go to visit the local market here. Come back before dinner time and enjoy the hot dinner around bonfire and music at camp. Overnight in tents.
Day 2: Kasol – Barshaini – Kheerganga | 12 km
we will drive upto Barshaini, which is the starting point and start our trek from here. It will be a gradual ascent through villages, fields and forest till Kheerganga (2960 m) which is a holy place with Hot water springs. Overnight in tents.
Day 03: Kheerganga – Tunda Bhuj (18 kms trek)
Through forest level walking to reach Tunda Bhuj (3285 m). The trail crosses several delightful pastures supporting a variety of wildflowers in the summer. Overnight in tents.
Day 04: Tunda Bhuj – Thakar Kuan (16 kms trek)
Through birch forest crossing rocks and dense vegetation. This section of valley is difficult at places as the trail frequently skirts rock faces that are difficult for laden porters. Reach Thakur Kuan (3560 m) above the cliff section. Overnight in tents.
Day 05: Thakar Kuan – Pandu Bridge (12 kms trek)
Beyond Thakar Kuan, the trail passes several Gaddi encampments before crossing a side river by a natural rock bridge. Trek for 12 kms to reach Pandu Bridge (3700 m). Overnight in tents.
Day 06: Pandu Bridge – Mantalai Lake (15 kms trek)
Trek for 15 kms to reach Mantalai Lake (4116 m), the source of Parbati River. There is a choice of grassy camp- sites just beyond Mantalai. Overnight in tents.
Day 07: Mantalai Lake – Pandu Bridge (15 kms)
Trek back the same way from Mantalai to Pandu Bridge. Overnight in Tents
Day 08: Pandu Bridge – Thakar Kuan (12 kms)
Trek back the same way from Pandu Bridge to Thakur Kuan. Overnight in Tents
Day 09: Thakar Kuan – Tunda Bhuj (16 kms)
Trek back from Thakur Kuan to Tunda Bhuj. Overnight in Tents
Day 10: Tunda Bhauj – Barsheni – Kasol
Return to Barsheni from where a vehicle will pick you up and drop you back at Kasol where the trek ends.
- All meals during the Trek
- Expert Guides
- Porters are to carry only the tents and the equipments required for camping.
- Camping accommodation on sharing basis.
- Common Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Transport of any kind.
- No extra meal other than mentioned in plan.
- Expenses arising out of any unforeseen circumstances like rain.
- land slides and situations beyond our control.
- Expenses during transport.
- Cost incurred due to on-site customization/alteration.
- Travel& Medical Insurance.
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Comfortable trekking pants, T-Shirts and Jackets – Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woolen plus, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs. Muffler is optional.
- Good Quality Trekking shoes with thick rubber soles.
- Raincoat or Rain Poncho.
- Sun Cap, Sunglasses, Lightweight Towel and Water Bottle,
- Lip Balm, Sun block, Mosquito repellent.
- Light Torch with extra batteries.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Papers
- Wet-Tissue Papers