The Trek to Kheerganga encompasses everything- walking through rivers, waterfalls, holding on to dear life on narrow walkways, apple orchards – you name it. If you’re a regular hiker then this one is a dream to do. One of the most beautiful treks, so picturesque that you feel an impulse to reach for your camera or pinch yourself hard to make sure it’s real.
The amazing landscapes, waterfalls and the alpine meadows are bound to make you stop and feel it and soak it in! Trek to KheerGanga from Tosh is 15 km and from Barshaini 12 Km. As soon as you reach KheerGanga, All your tiredness will be washed away with a sight of the mystical hot springs of KheerGanga. 10 minutes into the pool and you’ll be tripping because of the sulphur fumes.
Do not be surprised if you hear Dholak and groups singing and beating some Shiv Natraj Music. It is one of a kind experience! Later, we will gather around the bonfire, have our tummies full and spend the night under beautiful blanket of stars
Enjoy the breathtakingly beautiful morning. It seems like a spectrum painted on the canvas. Spend sometime doing nothing at all. There’s joy in doing nothing at all. Just laze around in the grass under towering pine trees with the sun filtering through the foliage. While coming back be prepared to leave a part of yourself behind.
Day 1 – Barshaini to Kheerganga (12 Km – 4 to 5 Hours)
Arrive at the starting point of the trek named Barshaini by your own, early in the morning. We will begin your trek to Kheerganga from here. Its a 12 km trek from Barshaini which takes 4 to 5 hours depending on your speed and stamina. The trek offers some beautiful sights which will rejuvenate your mind. We will visit Shiva Temple, Rudra Naag Waterfall and lots of interesting rock formations on the way. You can spend the evening at your own leisure near the bonfire and after dinner relax by the camp.
Day 2 – KheerGanga to Barshaini ( 3 to 4 Hours)
Take a dip in the most famous holy hot water spring nearby. After Breakfast we will start our trek back to Barshaini.
Again a 12 kms trek but it will take lesser time to descend and you will see the beautiful sights all over again. We will reach Barshaini in 3 to 4 hours. You can plan to visit the local cafes at Kasol or plan of your own.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Expert Guides
- Porters are to carry only the tents and the equipments required for camping.
- Camp accommodation at Kasol & Kheerganga and homestay at Tosh on sharing basis.
- Common Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Transport of any kind.
- No extra meal other than mentioned in plan.
- Expenses arising out of any unforeseen circumstances like rain.
- land slides and situations beyond our control.
- Expenses during transport.
- Cost incurred due to on-site customization/alteration.
- Travel& Medical Insurance.
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Comfortable trekking pants, T-Shirts and Jackets – Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woolen plus, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs. Muffler is optional.
- Good Quality Trekking shoes with thick rubber soles.
- Raincoat or Rain Poncho.
- Sun Cap, Sunglasses, Lightweight Towel and Water Bottle,
- Lip Balm, Sun block, Mosquito repellent.
- Light Torch with extra batteries.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Papers
- Wet-Tissue Papers