Mauritius, the island nation known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs, is your go-to place to enjoy the pristine beaches or partake in fun-filled water activities & experience its unique wildlife. It is famous for its sapphire-blue waters, powder-white beaches and luxury resorts that provide a front-row seat onto some of the most beautiful views in the Indian Ocean. Located off the coast of Africa, it is one of the most popular beach getaways !
This package is for those who are looking for a short duration stay in Mauritius without missing out on the top excursions that this exotic destination has on offer. In a limited duration, take a comprehensive holiday and enjoy your stay at this jewel of the Indian Ocean. The blue waters of Mauritius sea are a delight for any traveler and the sheer variety of activities and excursions make it a natural choice for a all-in-one holiday.
Day 01: Welcome to Mauritius
Arrive in Mauritius and take a transfer to your sea side resort. Check in and take a stroll around the resort, check out the beach and soak in the lovely surroundings. Spend your evening at leisure enjoying the beautiful view of the sun setting on the Mauritian horizon.
Day 02: Ile Aux Cerf
Visit Ile Aux Cerf’, one of the most beautiful places in Mauritius, an emerald colored lagoon on the east coast of this lovely island. Embark on a full day excursion to its sandy beaches, You can also enjoy optional water sports such as banana boat ride, water skiing, parasailing and undersea walk.
Day 03: North Island & Port Louis
Proceed for a full-day tour of North Island. Located in the north Island is the delightful capital city of Port Louis. On this trip, you get to explore the Place D’armes, Le Caudan Waterfront & Indulge in Souvenir shopping in the Central market. You can also take a speed boat tour in Port Louis on your own.
Day 04: South Island & Cure Pipe
Proceed for a full-day tour of the South Island of Mauritius. Visit the Trou Aux Cerfs, Extinct volcano and Grand Basin, Chamarel for its multi-colored earth and the city of Cure pipe, a bustling highland commercial centre famous for its rainy weather, volcanic crater and retail shopping.
Day 05: Back home !!
You will check out of your hotel in Mauritius on the 5th day to take a transfer to the airport to fly back home !
- Daily buffet breakfast & dinner in the hotel
- Full day North Island tour, South Island tour & Ile Aux Cerf’s tour on SIC basis
- Return airport transfers on SIC basis
- Flights are optional and can be added to the land package at actual cost
- Extra bed for a kid is not gauranteed & depends on the hotel policy.
- Travel Insurance, personal expenses & GST @ 5%
(1) Visa for Mauritius is available on arrival at the Port Louis Airport.
(2) The visa is valid for 14 days & is free of cost.
(3) Carry documents such as your hotel confirmation voucher and return tickets.
(4) Two photographs of 50 mm x 50 mm size with a white background.
Frequently Asked Questions:
(1) Where will I find my transfer at the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport ?
(a) You will find your transfer after you at exit gate – Counter # 25 near Exit Gate 7A. Show him your voucher and he will hand over the requisite passes & tickets to you.
(2) Will the tour guide / driver speak English fluently ?
(a) Yes, they can speak in English, but it may be with an accent. So please be patient while conversing with them.
(3) What kind of vehicle will be used for transfers ?
(a) A sedan / coach will be used for transfer to the hotel. During excursions, a boat, sedan or a larger coach may be used as per availability.
(4) What are the usual check in and check out times for hotels in Mauritius ?
(a) In most hotels in Mauritius, the check in time is 2 pm and check out time is 12 pm. Early check ins and late check outs can be requested at the hotel and will be offered basis availability and the hotel policy.
(5) Are tickets for activities / excursions included in the cost of the package ?
(a) Tickets for all the tours are included.
(6) If there is an excursion or activity that is not included in my package, what is the best place to buy it ?
(a) You can buy it locally at the entrance. Alternatively, visit an activity site such as viator.com and buy it from there. It is advisable to buy the tickets for the excursions in advance to avoid last minute dissapointments, though local activities can be bought on the beach itself.
(7) How does the visa process work ? Is it advisable to take Visa on Arrival or before leaving India ?
(a) Mauritius offers Visa on Arrival (VoA) at the airport. Simply carry your return ticket, photos and hotel confirmation voucher and a bank balance equivalent to USD 100 per day of stay. Visa will be stamped on your passport without any charges.
(8) What is the currency of Mauritius ? What is the best place to buy foreign exchange ?
(a) Currency for Mauritius is Mauritian Rupee. The best place to buy foreign exchange is any foreign exchange dealer. Preferably, take a prepaid forex card offered by leading banks such as SBI, ICICI, HDFC, Axis, IndusInd and use them at ATM machines and merchants across the world ! You can also buy such cards online.
(9) Is it advisable to take a local SIM Card ? If yes, what is the best place to buy it ?
(a) Most telecom companies offer free incoming calls from India while traveling abroad. So, taking a local SIM card is not as critical as it used to be. Do remember to switch off data on your cellphone while traveling abroad and use whatsapp in wifi zones.
(10) Are there any specific items that I am not allowed to carry to [country] as per the immigration rules ?
(a) You should not be carrying items of illegal nature such as narcotics, weapons and the like. Many countries also prohibit food items, seeds and plants of any kind.
(11) Should I carry adapters / sockets for local use ? If yes, what are the specifications ?
(a) n Mauritius the power sockets are of type C and G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. It is advisable to carry a country specific OR universal travel adaptor when traveling abroad.
(12) Are there sufficient eating out options for vegetarians in [country] ?
(a) There are quite a few vegetarian restaurants in Mauritius. You can find them on google or on a food review site.
(13) What is the most popular cab sharing app in Mauritius ?
(a) Ola & Uber are popular cab booking apps in Mauritius.
(14) If I lose my passport in Mauritius, what should I do ?
(a) Please connect with the local Indian embassey in Mauritius and apply for a new passport. The Indian High Commission in Mauritius is located at 6th Floor, Life Insurance Corporation of India, President John Kennedy Street, Port Louis.
(15) What is the local language of Mauritius ? How do I say hello, thank you and goodbye in the local language ?
(a) Both English & French are widely spoken & understood in Mauritius.
- Full payment has to be made at the time of booking the holiday. EMIs are available on select Credit Cards.
- Payments can be made via CC, DB or Online Banking and of course, your wallet balance on the site !!
- You can make cash deposit in our designated bank account. This facility is available for land packages !
Cancellation Policy for Land Package
- Day 16 to Day 30 before travel – Cancellation charges on land package – 50%
- Within 15 days of travel – Cancellation charges on land package – 100%
- Visa fees and processing charges are non-refundable